Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

Week 4 Tuesday - Brad

What a day again. Back out to the first house we were supposed to do yesterday. We took 17 people with us and it took every one of us. This house had only had a few pieces of furniture removed. It had been drenched with over 6 feet of water. We removed everything except the 2 x 4's. Everything, drywall, countertops, cabinets, ceilings, carpet, tile, yes everything. We also remove two trees from the yard, one of which was huge.

I actually got a good sense of the exhaustion others have experienced today, as there were times I looked at my watch and wondered if I would last the day. I did and so did all the others.

I have attached a couple of pictures of the work in progress. Tomorrow we go to Carrolton down below New Orleans to work on a Church of Christ building and the preacher’s house. Should be interesting.






All I can do is encourage you that this is an experience that you will gain far more from than you could ever accomplish for the people here. We are going to continue the trips on a monthly basis until the work subsides or God tells us to stop. Plan to be a part of one them and I would encourage you to do this with your family. Today I worked side by side for the Lord with my daughter and my wife. It was touching to watch them work so hard for someone they don't even know, especially when Whitney won't even bring in the garbage cans without complaining at home.

Jesus and God are with us always. Things happen in our lives that make their presence more prominent and this is one of them. They are everywhere you turn. It’s a great opportunity for you to come into confident contact with them and let them interact in your life.

No more for now tooo tired and I have to make it through two more days. I am such a wimp but I know God will see me through.

Brad

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?