Monday, October 03, 2005

 

Team 4 Travel Update

Greetings All:

Well our first day on the road is complete and all are beginning to settle down for the night. We arrived at University Church of Christ in Tuscaloosa AL around 8:30. We had a meal of bbq chicken salads and desert. The food was excellent and the smiles welcoming. What a beautiful facility for this 700 member church to open up and share with us. We owe a debt of gratitude for their sweet hospitality.

Our ride was quite eventful. About 25 minutes into the trip one of the trailers dropped its loading gate at 60 miles an hours. No one hurt, nothing lost, all well and back on the road in ten minutes. Between Cinci and Louisville one of the trailers blew a tire. It tore the fender up pretty bad on the trailer. I decided to stay behind with the trailer and we sent the other 4 vehicles ahead. We had quite a time freeing the tire tread from the frame and then the lug nuts as well. During our struggle with the tire, Mike Benedetti looked up at me and said" I already lost one prayer for the day, Prayed for safety and the trailer to make it ok" I looked at him and said who knows what this spared us from. God has had a plan all through this and this may have resulted in God staying faithful to your first prayer. A little over an hour and we were ready to go. When we took off I called a head to let Troy know we were back on the road. He did not answer. I called Lisa. She answered and said there was a terrible accident that happened right in front of them. A car had crossed the median that was headed south and got into the northboud lane and a collision happened. Troy and Cory ( EMT's) stopped to help. Lisa warned me of the traffic and asked that we pray as a helicopter was just landing to med flight out one of the victims.
I thank God and prayed for the victims, Troy later told us one life was lost and at least one was critical. I am not sure what the 10 minute slowdown of Troy and the rest meant or us staying behind an hour to fix the flat but I know God had a plan.

We arrived at the University Church at different times to warm welcomes. After we ate we had a devotional and the group here had prepared communion for us. Some nice thoughts were shared, we sang, prayed and shared in the supper. After that all began to settle down for the night and here I am. Its off to sleep and then on the road again to our destination in Mandeville.

I encourage you to go to the website and pray for our team. Pray that God speak to them, direct them and keep them safe. Pray for their families who are without them this week. I am one of the lucky ones as I have 3 of my family with me, I only had to leave Jackson (10) behind. If you see him tell him his dad misses him and he told you so. Thank you to all of you who have worked to make this possible.

To Troy and Robin thank you for being brave and fearless leaders. To Kenny, Carl and Steve thank you for all the help keeping everything running and loading the heavy stuff. Thank you to all three of you for teaching me humbleness and servitude. To Steve and Michelle Fuchs, thanks for sacrificing so much time to insure that all the stuff made it, To Spring Road and Northland Elders thank you for stepping out in faith and letting the vehicles be used for this trip. To Randy and John thank you for being soldiers of the Lord. To J Haver, thank you for keeping our company together so I could focus on what the Lord wanted me to do.

To Providence Road, Centerville, Soma Church,Central Church, Westerville Christian, Northside Fellowship thank you for being so forthcoming with funds to support this effort and being right on time with your support and encouragement. To all the other churches who have sent people, money, resources, and items, thank you for working for Him. For all who have worked to make these things happen thank you for hearing God's urging and doing something about it.

And finally for my family for showing me love encouragement everyday. It was Amy who first showed me Gods love for her so that I could find it for myself.

Pray for us as we carry the light tomorrow.

Because He loves us

Brad

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?