Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

Sharing Pictures from your trips

For those of you who've been on work crews I'd like to encourage you to share your favorite pictures of your trips with everyone else and those who have contributed to make our trips possible. A friend of mine, Dave Reno has a server available on the Internet and has made space for us available. If you would like to post pictures, please send me an email at john.n.mcguire@jpmchase.com I can then get you instructions and help you around some of the pitfalls people have had, such as Macintosh machines and AOL ;-)

You can view the pics that are already out there at http://www.therenos.com/katrinapictures. There is a folder for each contributor that lists the files. You can click on each one in your browser to view the picture. These are actual resolution and some of them are quite big, especially if you have a dial-up link. I've found a way to build a "gallery" page for mine using Photoshop Elements which you can find at http://www.therenos.com/katrinapictures/johnmcguire/gallery/index.htm. I will be happy to help others build galleries as well. The gallery is good for simple viewing and is much smaller and more compatible with dial-up. It is interesting to look through the full resolution pics though as sometimes you see interesting detail. I found an airboat working a bayou in one of my pics behind the Citgo station at the St. Bernard Parish border checkpoint that I hadn't noticed while standing there taking the pictures.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?