Friday, September 16, 2005

 

Friday Week 1 Mission Administration Update

On 9/15 I had a conference call with some of our on the ground leaders in Mandeville. Its unusual me but I was a little quiet. I did not know quite what to think, these friends of mine, brothers and sisters in Christ, were exhausted, some frustrated, and yet joyous at the work they have been allowed. I just had to take a moment to take it in and evaluate it all.

All in all the work has been great, people have been busy, and from all the reports fulfilled. It has been a good work the Lord has put us to. The report is we need to be more self sufficient that we have been. We need more campers as there is not much room in the church and the road is dangerous to cross at night. We need more workers, and we need to get more supplies for what our team needs so we do not have to buy so much.

They confirmed that there are more supplies there and coming than the teams can distribute. They need workers and our workers need to be able to take care of themselves.......... That is our immediate need.

If you are sitting saying I can't get off work saying, "what can I do", well here’s a list:
You would be amazed at how God has worked. Yesterday Amy got a call out of the blue from Catholic Social Services saying they had a semi load of supplies with no where to drop them off. Did our group want them. By the time she was able to respond with a yes it was gone, but she was referred elsewhere where we have a truck of supplies to go to our site. Its 3\4 full so we need to fill the last 10 to 12 feet but then it will get driven down there at no cost to us what so ever. I will need some help coordinating this for a Monday departure so if you can help contact me. Every roadblock I have hit, He has removed. Every time I wonder what to do, He has shown me. This is not our effort; this is the effort of the Lord. Won't you be a part of it?

I also am amazed and bless to be at the center of this effort as I watch people of different backgrounds, faiths, and beliefs come together. Not one group has asked me what I believe on anything. I guess some of our predetermined qualifiers have gone out the window .......... I wonder if it will remain that way. I want to thank Randy Rhodes of the Northside Fellowship for answering God's call to pick up the phone and call me. He and his team members there have been a blessing. John McGuire and his family from Westerville Christian have established this blog and encouraged and helped at every turn. Beth Duffey from Northside has jumped in and helped everywhere she could including recruiting workers from half her neighborhood and friends. There are many many more.

I simple praise God for the work He is doing. Not Himself with the mighty swipe of His hand but through ordinary willing, moveable people.

OK OK I am done preaching, God Bless and thank you for reading and helping.

Brad Hayes

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?