Monday, September 12, 2005

 

Consolidated Information Update

Dear Teams:

Well its been several days in coming but here it is. I am a little scattered, just to tell you how scattered, my original intent in this email was to have you call me if you "don't" get it so I can get your email address correct!!!!!!!

Anyway, attached is a team list and contacts. I would like to add your home church to the list so please email that to me. If I don't receive it by tonight I will be calling because I will assume you did not get this. Aha I figured it out. Also if you see someone you know and I have the wrong contact info email or call me. If you see I am missing some info for you please forward it to me with your church affiliation.

Some quick updates in terms of work etc.

We currently have 4 men out with chainsaws, one electrician being taken around to peoples homes who desperately need help, and one running medical supplies. From 10AM to 2 PM the rest of the team is working on handing out much need supplies.

I have been told dress and other items may change before the end of the week, so don't go buy anything yet.

Also the Red Cross has said only new clothes can be handed out so please no more clothes unless you are in a position to donate new clothes. As I get updates from our team I will let you know.

I need to get a vehicle list together as well as begin coordination for the next trip so please see below and let me know if you can help:

We still need:

10 air matresses or cots

food for the teams - no perishable stuff to take with us

20 cases of water for the teams per week

Gatorade or the like for the teams each week

Snacks for the teams each week.

$$$$ We have raised around $5,800 so far but the gas costs of transportation and generator use will eat that up before week 2 is over.

Also there seems to be much concern for the news reports ect discussing disease and the like. The area we are in was hard hit but did not have standing water and toxins all over so we believe at this point they are not an issue for our teams.

Also because of questions we have recieved we are asking that no one under high school age go with our groups.

We need trucks, did I say trucks??? we need to be able to haul away debris. Trailers too.

We could use campers (preferably with air) and preferably one's that could stay the month. It just takes less coordination this way.

Donations can be dropped at the Spring Road Church of Christ 74 S. Spring Westerville OH between the hours of 10 AM and 3 PM or with special arrangements. Again no clothes at this time.

Just some praise for you all:

We were able to secure a commercial ice maker and it is down there along with a regular size washer and dryer. we are still seeking a commercial washer and dryer.

We took down 8 chainsaws, 2 generators, lots of food, some clothing(it got through), Camping supplies for the month, an RV, shovels, buckets, 2 cases of clorox bleach and lots lots more. I will send out a supplies request by Weds of this week.

And you can see for yourselves the number of people who have responded to go work.

I hope this helps you all as you prepare for your time of service either by going to LA, collecting items, coordinating workers, sending money or however you are answering God's call.

Bless you all

Brad Hayes 614-288-5825.

Don't forget to send my your local church affiliation!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?